North Park Secondary School
Computer Engineering 11 (ICE 3M0)
Digital Lab 18
A Binary to Decimal Decoder
To investigate the operation of a binary to decimal decoding chip.
|One SK-50 breadboarding socket
||One 7447 TTL integrated circuit
||One 100 OHM resistors
||One MAN 72A 7 segment display
||One 9V Battery
- Assemble the circuit on the breadboard.(Note inputs are at 5 volts when they are not connected.)
- Use the observation table as a guide in connecting the inputs A, B, C, and D. Fill the observations as each set of inputs is connected.(0 - Ground, 1 - 5 volts)
- How many different ways can 4 inputs be set?
- Compare the decimal values in the table with the LED display
- Which binary inputs do not give a decimal value on the LED display?
- What common household appliance would use a device similar to this binary to decimal decoder chip?.
Summarize the function that a 7447 integrated circuit would perform in a digital circuit.
Page Lasted Updated 12:31 AM 01/18/2004