North Park Secondary School
Computer Engineering 11 (ICE 3M0)
Digital Lab 13
Binary Addition - full Adder
To investigate a circuit which simulates addition of 2 binary digits plus the carry.
|One SK-50 breadboarding socket
||One 7486 TTL integrated circuit(XOR)
||One 7408 TTL integrated circuit(AND)
||One 7432 TTL integrated circuit(OR)
||Two 470 OHM resistors
||One 9V Battery
- Plug all three intgeratd circuits into the breadboard leaving some room at the right end for resistors and LED's
- Insert the LED's and resistors.
- Connect all ground and 5 volt wires.
- Connect all other pins and then check all connections.
- Use the observation table as a guide in setting the input voltages. (Remember unconnected inputs are high).
- Record your observation of LED1 and LED2 after each step.
- If any problems arise, chech all wiring connection on the bread board against the circuit diagram.
- Review in chart form the results of the eight cases for adding 2 binary digits and a carry.
- Compare question 1 with the observations in this experiment.
- When 2 digits and a carry are added a sum and a carry are obtained. How should the LED outputs in this experiment be interpreted?
Summarize the circuit requirements to add 2 binary digits and a carry in terms of the circuit in experiment 12..
Page Lasted Updated 2:48 PM 10/02/2003