North Park Secondary School
Computer Engineering 11 (ICE 3M0)
4x4 Lab 1
To investigate the operation of a 4X4 LED Matrix using a program in Visual BASIC.
To turn on each LED consecutively
|One SK-50 breadboarding socket
||Four 1 KOHM resistors
||Plenty of Wires
||One 9V Battery for testing
||Computer w/ access to the parallel port.
||Visual Basic Compiler
The source code
- Assemble the circuit on the breadboard according to the pictorial above.
- Create a program to turn on each LED individually and consectutively for 2 second intervals 5 times (use the source code above as an example).
- Run the Program.
- Contact the teacher when the 4X4 Matrix is up and running.
If the code you programmed was supposed to make each individual LED turn on respectively for 2 second intervals each, did the program and LED Matrix work?
- Some of it
- LED Matrix?
- Where am I?
- What do you have to change in the Visual Basic Code to turn on a LED?
- What is the difference in addressing the port from QBASIC to VBasic?
Summarize what happened when you set up the code and LED Matrix.
Page Lasted Updated 2:05 PM 11/26/2003